Healthshare/Integration Software Developer
LocationNew York, NY
DeptDigital - Engineering
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
MSK is looking for 2 Software Developers to join our Health Information Exchange team. You could have major impact on a growing Scaled Agile team that will play a crucial role in expanding MSK’s digital reach. There are many complex integration projects planned with our external healthcare and RHIO partners which you could influence with your design and development expertise.
MSK IT is currently embarking on a full-scale digital transformation initiative across the health center. The Health Information Exchange will be a key component in this initiative. MSK is looking for enthusiastic, hardworking, creative candidates to join us at this very exciting time. Come on board and add your innovative contributions to MSK’s technical and clinical digital journey!
- Strong in integration projects with healthcare-specific standards (HL7, CCD, C-CDA, X12, etc.)
- Experienced with the InterSystems technology stack, i.e. Caché, Healthshare, Ensemble in a Healthcare environment.
- Experienced with technologies such as: Caché Object Script, SOAP APIs or REST APIs
- Able to work effectively in an environment notable for complex, sometimes evolving information
- A developer who codes with minimal corrections needed and can independently plan projects and coordination/collaborate with other development teams across the organization
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- A developer with experience/exposure to the Scaled Agile Framework or the willingness to learn
- Participate in full SDLC of a project including analysis, design, programming, implementation support
- Work with product company and consulting vendors in implementing, maintaining, and customizing MSK’s health information exchange
- Develop programs that may interface with other applications/databases, to meet complex business requirements.
- Analyze functional requirements, systems architecture and applications on assigned projects
- Plan and coordinate the implementation of new systems, enhancements and/or upgrades to current systems.
- Design program and technical specifications for various applications that may include data flow, data storage, interface design, and system architecture, on assigned projects
- Define test cases; prepares data and scripts for testing
- Produce required functional, technical, and user documentation (e.g., business requirements, functional and technical specifications, system architecture, data flows, end-users training requirements) on assigned projects
- Resolve production problems; support, maintain, and enhance assigned systems
- Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM field
- 1-5 years’ experience as a developer or integration developer
- Experience building with Healthshare or Caché
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.