Advanced Practice Provider (Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner) - Cardiology Service
LocationNew York, NY
DeptAdvanced Practice Provider
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
We are seeking an Advanced Practice Provider (Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner) for the Cardiology Service.The APP will collaborate with designated physicians and healthcare team members to provide medical care to an assigned caseload of inpatients as part of the Cardiology Service inpatient consultation team.
- Deliver the highest standard of care in the diagnosis and management of a respective patient population and participate in the implementation of patient education and clinical support programs to ensure optimal care throughout the healthcare continuum.
- Conduct new consultation visits and follow-up consultation visits in the inpatient and post-op setting, provide coverage of the cardiac step down unit, analysis of telemetry monitoring, and management of patients with cardiac devices.
- Capable of anticipating and balancing the needs to multiple stakeholders
- Resourceful, securing and deploying resources effectively and efficiently
- An effective communicator
- Openly relatable and comfortable with diverse groups of people
- Adaptable in approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations
Qualifications needed for a PA candidate are:
- Graduate from an accredited PA program
- NCCPA certification
- Active NYS license or be qualified for state licensure
- A minimum of 2 years of related experience as a PA is preferred
- BLS certification
Qualifications needed for an NP candidate are:
- Current New York State (NYS) RN and NP licenses/registrations
- Master’s degree in nursing, prescriptive privileges (or eligibility)
- 3+ years of related clinical experience
- Related National NP certification
- BLS certification
Hours: 7am-730p with weekend and holiday rotation required
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.