LocationNew York, NY
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center is seeking a Driver/Messenger who will:
- Provide for the efficient, safe transportation and delivery of supplies, equipment, and staff between the BAIC, 64th st Outpatient Center, MSKCC Main Campus and other MSKCC locations.
- Makes trips between the BAIC, 64th st Outpatient Center and Main Campus according to the Patient Van Schedule.
- Transport all mail, patient care materials and specimens in the back of the van, with all specimens in an enclosed cooler.
- Provides for the efficient, safe transportation and delivery of supplies, equipment, and staff between the BAIC, 64th st Outpatient Center, MSKCC Main Campus and other MSKCC locations.
- Retrieves the MSKCC mini-van from BAIC driveway to start first trip of scheduled work day.
- Ensures the delivery of all blood and urine specimens occurs the same day.
- Conducts a pre-trip inspection of the vehicle to ensure that it is operating properly. Pre-trip inspection includes, listening for irregular sounds in the motor; ensuring the vehicle has a clean exterior and a neat interior, fuel, and other necessary fluids, (i.e. in mechanically sound condition.); and ensuring that all lights, lamps and signals are functioning properly.
- Picks up and deliver mail from Main Campus mailroom and staging area.
- Retrieves and deliver medical instruments to Central Sterile Processing from soiled utility room on a daily basis at designated pick up times.
- Picks up chemotherapy drugs and other pharmaceutical supplies from main campus pharmacy by wearing gloves and delivers to the 64th st Outpatient Center Chemo Clinic and BAIC pharmacies
- Walk STAT specimens and BAIC Retail Pharmacy scripts and medications to and from MSK locations as required by department protocol
Vehicle Operation and Maintenance:
- Keeps vehicle clean, orderly, and in good operating condition (e.g. washes the vehicle)
- Ensures that the vehicle has fuel, and that all fluids, (windshield washer, power steering, motor oil) are at recommended levels to ensure that the vehicle runs effectively.
- Reports unusual sounds and irregularities in the vehicle’s operation, to the Lead Supervisor, immediately.
- Updates vehicle purchases into Paymentnet as they appear
- Minimum Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum Experience: One year driving or transportation experience for a major company or organization preferred
- Required: Valid Driver’s License
- Required: Commercial Driver Licence (CDL)
- Preferred: Defensive Driving Training
- 12pm-8pm with alternating weekends
- Must have flexibility to work overnights if needed
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.