Scientific Research Lead, Flow Cytometry
LocationNew York, NY
DeptResearch - Other
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
- Consult with investigators, technicians, and students to suggest techniques and protocols relevant to the experimental questions and to ensure that experiments are optimally planned
- Provide technical and scientific support in flow cytometry from experimental troubleshooting to data analysis
- Assist with interpretation of data, assurance of data validity, and assurance that publications and presentations using data acquired in the core facility are accurate and appropriate
- Assist and supervise core staff to ensure best experimental practices, as well as keeping the lab abreast of new technologies and flow cytometry applications
- Assist in Education & Training of researchers and core staff, including development of new material
- Develop, design, and conduct projects or experiments within the core’s scope. Coordinate data collection and analysis. Review progress and evaluate results
- Maintain and establish new collaborations with other laboratories and core facilities, which may result in co-authoring publications and co-presenting results with other groups, as well as in national or international meetings
- Doctorate with 2-4 years of sound research experience; Solid expertise in Flow Cytometry, including experience with building and implementing multicolor panels, high-parameter analysis, cell sorting, assay development and sample preparation protocol optimization for cell sorting and analysis, and implementation of best practices in Flow Cytometry.
- Good publication track using Flow Cytometry
- Prior experience in Cancer Biology and/or Proteogenomics preferred.
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.