Computational Biologist II
LocationNew York, NY
DeptResearch - Laboratory
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
We are searching for talented and highly motivated Computational Biologists to join our team.The candidate will have a master’s degree in bioinformatics, and will be knowledgeable of next generation sequencing methods and data science analytical approaches. The computational biologist will be working closely with computational, clinical and research investigators to analyze next generation sequencing data (wholegenome, targeted sequencing, RNA, single cell) derived from patient’s tumors.
Our research supports correlative science research to study how the genetic profiles of patient’s tumors define disease at presentation, response to therapy and disease progression. These analyses are guiding treatment decisions and the enrollment of patients onto clinical trials of novel targeted therapies. The candidate will be a become a key contributor to strategic research initiatives in the center, and those efforts will have direct impacts on patient care.
What you'll do:
• Interface with collaborators to define experimental research aims and deliverables.
• Process, analyze, and interpret next-generation sequencing data.
• Monitor and evaluate analytical aspects of new and emerging technologies.
• Deliver well annotated code and analysis.
• Write scientific reports, prepare research results for publication.
• Present scientific and technical data in research seminars and if desired
• Ability to work independently in a multidisciplinary, fast-paced, and results-oriented
Who you are:
• Masters in bioinformatics, computational biology or related discipline.
• 1-2 years data science experience would be desirable.
• Experience with next-generation sequencing platforms (RNA-seq, Exome, Panel
Sequencing, WGS) , related analytical algorithms and analysis toolkits
• Proficient in R and Python
• Experience in Bioinformatics software development
• IT process management, version control, and good coding practices
• Experience with parallelized computing
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.