Bioinformatics Software Engineer
LocationNew York, NY
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
We are looking for a self-driven and motivated software engineer to join our growing team. Our laboratory designs large scale and innovative genomic studies to study cancer biology and inform cancer patient care. To support our studies, we have built Isabl (Isabl.io), a platform for
scalable bioinformatics operations that contains a patient centric data bank that is connect to an API, a command line interface and web-based data visualization solutions. We follow principles from Agile development and engineering best practices to build state of the art software solutions that allow us to optimize, scale and innovate.
What you'll do:
• As a member of the software engineering team the applicant will be developing new solutions for our bioinformatics operations.
• Leading the benchmarking of analytical tools,as well as the design, deployment and maintenance of optimal software solutions.
As a software engineer you will support the design and implementation of data processing workflows for cancer genomic data and related metadata.
• Will be working closely with computational members in the group to support innovative research and develop prototype software solutions
for research and clinical applications.
Who you are:
• Major in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Biomedical Engineer major preferred
• Masters graduate in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Biomedical Engineer OR at least 2 years of experience in a relevant role.
• Good working knowledge of Linux (or similar operating systems) and parallelized computing environments and best practices (e.g. LSF, SLURM, AWS BATCH)
• Experience with SQL database programming
• Software packaging and mass deployment (Pypi)
• Strong aptitude for development of documentation for the deployment and operation of software
• Experience with NGS datasets is desirable
• Ability to work independently and as a team depending on tasks
• Good written and verbal communication skills
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.