Lab Supervisor - Cell Therapy
LocationNew York, NY
DeptAllied Health - Laboratory Medicine
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
- Responsible to plan, organize and supervise the day to day work of laboratory personnel engaged in performing routine and specialized technical procedures, including planning laboratory work, evaluating work performed and handling procedural and technical laboratory problems to meet the needs of the clinical staff and patients.
- Monitors Quality Control, Quality Assurance, Safety and Inspection Control practices to assure compliance with internal and external regulations.
- Responsible for smooth workflow, and demonstrates decision-making abilities in all aspects of performance in support of the Department.
- Supervises area operations, prioritizes workflow, and assigns staff to meet the need of the laboratory and ensure efficient and quality operations, oversight of Standard Operating Procedure development, review of Proficiency Testing, new instrumentation development and implementation, troubleshoot highly complex manufacturing processes, and direct/oversee Technical Specialists.
- Directs and supervises activities of staff in assigned areas. Trains and evaluates the performance of staff. Provide guidance, feedback, and opportunities for development, as appropriate. Assist in selection of new staff.
- Monitors daily activities of staff, ensuring job duties are being completed accurately, thoroughly and within specified time frames.
- Provides direction and conducts or supervises training of staff.
- Performs audits reviewing work completed by subordinates to ensure accuracy. Implements quality assurance and improvement programs when identified. Report results to manager to assist with quality improvement initiatives.
- Maintains technical superiority in all aspects of laboratory operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, chemistry, or clinical laboratory sciences required
- 4-7 years of relevant experience required
- NYS Clinical Laboratory Technologist License required
- ASCP preferred
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.