VP Environmental Health & Safety
LocationNew York, NY
DeptEnvironmental Health & Safety
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Are you interested in being a part of the mission to cure cancer at MSK? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for a VP Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) to join us.
AS the VP EHS you will lead the charge in maintaining a world class safety program, providing the overall vision, and overseeing program management on an ongoing basis. You will be responsible for all operations, including: Joint Commission Environment of Care, Fire Safety, Fire Protection System Inspection, Testing, and Maintenance, Construction Safety, Environmental Compliance, Biological and Chemical Safety, Hazardous Material Management, Emergency Management and Response, Business Continuity, and Ergonomics.
This position is responsible for leading the EHS staff in providing original, proactive, and creative problem solving along with outstanding programs for the improvement of EHS regulatory programs. As the VP, EHS you will engage, motivate and align the entire organization towards EHS objectives, as well as develops, recommends and implements related policies and procedures that assure compliance with all Local, State and Federal regulations.
AS A CANDIDATE, YOU:
- Have a Masters Degree in Engineering, Chemistry, Biology or Environmental Compliance
- 10+ years’ experience in the safety field with formal training in industrial and institutional safety.
- Are committed to protecting the health and safety of the people in the workplace and community.
- Are successful at working across all levels of an Organization from the C Suite through to the grassroots.
- Have outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- A cultivator of innovation who creates and fosters new ways for the organization to be successful.
- Capable of building strong relationships and delivering solutions.
- A strong decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions under pressure.
- Willing to take action and eager to embrace new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Able to hold yourself and others accountable to achieve goals and live up to commitments.
- Focused on continuous improvement, knowing the most effective and efficient processes to optimize work flow.
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Resourceful, securing and deploying resources effectively and efficiently
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.