Laboratory Technologist II - Cell Therapy
LocationNew York, NY
DeptAllied Health - Laboratory Medicine
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
- Perform processing of Hematopoietic Progenitor Cell products using aseptic technique and perform technical duties in all laboratory sections, with minimal supervision.
- Maintain complete, accurate, legible, neat, organized, up-to-date records/logs/files
- Assures the accuracy of all tests performed by adhering to the laboratory's Standard Operating Procedures. Performs routine and advanced equipment maintenance
- Contribute to the upkeep and safety of the laboratory and assures a clean, safe, adequately supplied work area.
- Maintain adequate inventories of reagents and supplies.
- Manage the laboratory's physical environment following New York State DOH, Joint Commission, OSHA, and CLIA regulations
- Provide direction, training, and feedback on routine laboratory procedures, as assigned
- perform and maintain competency in the technical and related work of the Cellular Immunology Laboratory
- Perform Lymphocyte Transformation Assay, Natural Killer Cell Assay, and routine Flow Cytometric Immunophenotyping.
- Bachelor's degree (Medical Technology, Biology, or Clinical Laboratory Sciences) required
- An NYS State Clinical Lab Technician certificate, Lab Technologist license, or a restricted license in Molecular. Lab professionals will have a New York license
- 37.5 hours per week
- Monday to Friday, with rotating weekends and holidays
- Various shifts available
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.