Care Coordinator I, Outpatient Operations
LocationNew York, NY
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Start your career at Memorial Sloan Kettering and you’ll find yourself quickly making a difference in the lives of our patients. When you join us as a Care Coordinator I, you will find meaningful work and become part of a team where everyone plays an important role in the fight against cancer. Are you ready to make a difference in the lives of others? This is a life’s calling.
We are currently interviewing for our February training class.
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding
- Adept at building partnerships and working collaboratively with a team to meet shared objectives and goals
- Actively seeking new ways to grow and challenge yourself, using both formal and informal development
- Flexible in your approach and demeanor in order to align with the shifting demands of evolving circumstances
- Passionate about working in a healthcare setting and committed to delivering a best-in-class patient experience
- Work as a member of practice staff team of Care Coordinators to ensure that each physician practice session is well-prepared, organized, and fully utilized and that each patient visit occurs with satisfaction
- Serve as a liaison between the patient, family, and clinical team during the office visit
- Greet/check-in and orient patients to the outpatient visit and to the environment, as well as complete the patient visit by scheduling and coordinating all appropriate tests, procedures, visits, treatments and consultations in accordance with the physicians’ orders
- An associate’s or 2 years college (required); bachelor’s degree (preferred). A high school diploma/GED and 2 years relevant experience (frontline, patient-facing role in healthcare) in lieu of the associate’s degree.
- A proven dedication to healthcare through work, internship, or volunteer experience.
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to handle acutely ill patients in stressful situations with a positive demeanor
- Ability to provide at least a 2 year commitment
Hours vary between 6:15am and 10:00 pm (Monday-Friday, occasional Saturdays). Schedules are provided one week in advance and flexibility between shifts is expected.
After completing our quick online application form, you will complete a profile assessment on our partner site, Pymetrics. It should take you about 25-30 minutes to complete.
IMPORTANT - Please make sure you click on the return to application button after completing the assessment to complete your application.
Note; If you already have a Pymetrics account under this email for a different application, login with your existing account. Please do not make a new account. If you are on mobile, download the Pymetrics mobile app (pymetrics.com/downloads).
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.