Advanced Practice Provider (Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant) -Intensive Care Unit (Nights)
LocationNew York, NY
DeptAdvanced Practice Provider
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Advanced Practice Provider (Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant) -Intensive Care Unit
Shifts: Nights 7PM-7:30 AM with rotating holidays and weekends
Are you an accomplished and proud Advanced Practice Provider?
The expertise, creativity, commitment, and generosity of spirit of the men and women of Memorial Sloan Kettering are at the heart of our success. We are encouraged by one another’s dedication and compassion, and recognize the work being done in the service of our patients and our mission.
New programs and state-of-the-art facilities are essential to our continued growth and achievement. But it is the people who work within our hospital, clinics and laboratories who truly ensure the future of MSK. And it is our patients who provide the inspiration for everything we do.
Our dedicated team is growing and we are looking to hire another Advanced Practice Provider (Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant) to deliver comprehensive care to our patients. Are you ready to find your calling and make a difference in the lives of our patients and their families?
The advanced practice provider (app) will join a team of over 800 NPs and PAs across MSK who have dedicated their lives to deliver compassionate, comprehensive cancer care to patients and their loved ones, supporting the mission, philosophy, standards, goals and objectives of the institution and department
- A good decision-maker, with known to work at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Able to work effectively in an environment notable for complex, sometimes contradictory information
- Effective at gaining the support and dedication of others by engaging them around your point of view and priorities
- Flexible in your approach and demeanor in order to align with the shifting demands of evolving circumstances
- Capable of anticipating and balancing the needs to multiple stakeholders
- Inventive, securing and deploying resources effectively and efficiently
- An effective communicator
- Openly relatable and comfortable with diverse groups of people
- Adaptable in approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations
-Collaborate with physicians and healthcare team members to deliver care for medical patients.
-Ensure the delivery of exemplary care and cultivate an environment that centers on the needs of patients and their families
-Serve as a clinical authority and resource -providing education and consultation to healthcare team members.
-Participate in process improvement initiatives, implementation of patient education, and clinical support programs
- Current New York State (NYS) RN and NP licenses/registrations
- Master’s degree in nursing, prescriptive privileges (or eligibility)
- 2+ years of related clinical experience
- Related National NP certification
-Graduate from an accredited PA program
-Active NYS license or be qualified for state licensure
-A minimum of 2 years of related experience as a PA is preferred
-BLS certification #LI-GS1
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.