Digital, Tech, Informatics (IT) Internship - Summer 2020
LocationNew York, NY
The Digital, Tech and Informatics team at MSK is seeking undergraduate students ready to immerse themselves in technology solutions and make an actionable impact in the fight against cancer. Digital, data and technology are critical in today’s academic healthcare industry. Our teams work on everything from implementing the newest technologies like machine learning to partnering with our clinicians and research to use data for research and improving patient care.
The 11 week summer internship program will partner you with technology and data leaders to explore MSK’s constantly evolving digital enterprise through interesting projects, while providing you with new learning opportunities and foundational knowledge in how technology in academic medicine creates a foundation for research, learning and patient care. At the end of your internship, you will have the opportunity to present your work to senior leadership.
Positions available in NYC and New Jersey:
- Information Technology
- Information Security
- Systems Programming
- Web & Application Development
- High Performance Cloud Computing
- Data Hosting & Strategy Solution
- Data Management
- Digital Products
- Network Engineering, Desktop Support, Server & Storage
- IT Project Management
- Health Informatics
- Health Information Management
- Enthusiastic about IT and have a strong sense of curiosity to explore and implement new technical solutions
- Action-oriented and eager to embrace new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency.
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments
- Professional, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
You must be:
- Enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program, preferably entering your Junior or Senior year
- Majoring in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Mathematics, Software Engineering, Telecommunications or other Information Technology (IT) related field
You have (program-specific skills – if applicable):
- Perl, Python, PHP, Ruby, HPC (Cloud Computing)
- MacOS, Windows 7/10, Linux/Windows Server, Storage Subsystems, Virtualization and Layer 2/3 Networking
- In progress degree in Management Information Systems (MIS), SQL, CS Fundamentals (Data Strategy)
Please apply online by February 28th. When completing your application, please include which programs you’d be interested in, as well as your specific skills in the screening questions.
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.