Laboratory Technologist IV - Blood Bank
LocationNew York, NY
DeptAllied Health - Laboratory Medicine
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Taking bold steps to redefine what's possible in Laboratory Medicine. Our state-of-the-art clinical laboratories provide sophisticated technology and automated equipment that allow our teams to get to answers faster and more efficiently, with a strong emphasis on applied and translational research. We are committed to the growth and advancement of the department and fully support the active collaboration of scientists, clinicians, and industry experts to develop next-generation laboratory methods. MSK is dedicated to providing diverse educational opportunities to develop further the skills and ambitions of our medical technologists and technicians, laboratory managers, and laboratory directors. Our experts also play a vital role in clinical research through contributions we make to the development of new laboratory tests and diagnostic platforms.
We are currently seeking an experienced Laboratory Technologist IV to join our Blood Bank Laboratory.
- Perform and maintain competency in the technical and related work of the Blood Bank Laboratory
- Perform pre-transfusion testing on patient/donor blood specimens and prepares blood components for transfusion per physician requests
- Function as a team leader in Antibody Identification and training
- Maintain technical expertise in all areas of Laboratory
- Bachelor's degree (Medical Technology, Biology, or Clinical Laboratory Sciences) required
- NYS Clinical Laboratory Technologist license required
- Six years of blood bank experience required
- ASCP certification preferred
- SBB preferred
Hours: Day shift, Monday - Friday, rotating every third weekend
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.