Lead, Environmental Services, The David H. Koch Center for Cancer Care
LocationNew York, NY
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Environmental Service Team at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center is very important to patient care and the organization as a whole. We value the work completed by our Environmental Service Aides to provide a safe, clean and well-organized environment for our patients, their family, visitors and staff.
We are seeking multiple Lead Environmental Service Aides for our new center, David H. Koch Center, located between 73rd & 74th streets on the Upper East Side of Manhattan.
- Capable of delivering excellent customer service.
- A good decision-maker, with proven success in making timely decisions.
- Able to hold yourself and others accountable to accomplish goals and live up to commitments.
- An effective communicator and are able tailor your communication style to fit different audiences.
- Able to utilize a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insights into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Work to maintain a safe, clean and well-organized environment for our patients, their family, visitors and staff.
- Follow the Seven Step Cleaning guidelines outlined in the Environmental Services Aide (ESA) Manual.
- Follow hospital procedures and safety guidelines as outlined in the (ESA) Manual including, but not limited to: Removal of general, infectious waste and soiled linen, Completion of small moves, and ensure proper mixture, storage and use of chemicals.
- Usage of cardboard bailer and trash compactor.
- Assists supervisor with on the job training of new staff as assigned (i.e. 7 steps cleaning, equipment, chemical use and supplies).
- Shares information regarding staff performance with supervisor or manager each shift (i.e. availability, Teamwork, corrective actions, etc.)
- Attend department and hospital meetings as scheduled.
- Complete additional projects or tasks as assigned by management.
- High School Diploma OR GED (preferred).
- Prior management/lead experience
- Ability to use floor cleaning equipment.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, walk, bend and push items.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 lbs.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Must be flexible to work different shifts as per department need
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.