LocationNew York, NY
DeptAllied Health - Pathology
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Department of Pathology at MSK is a dedicated, diverse group known for their expertise, ingenuity, and compassion. Working in a highly motivating environment, the group receives a complex variety of more than 110,000 specimens annually and performs more than 50,000 molecular diagnostic and cytogenetic tests. More than 600 staff members are spread across four laboratory services: surgical pathology, hematopathology, cytology, and molecular diagnostics.
Pathology provides laboratory support for the Mohs micrographic and dermatologic surgery program and supports MSK’s research mission through the division of experimental pathology. We’re also advancing the field of digital pathology through our slide scanning and computational pathology efforts. All of our laboratories are equipped with state-of-the-art equipment, such as ThermoFisher senior grossing stations with advanced camera optics and touch screens, laser capture microdissection capabilities, telecytology remote microscopy, advanced flow cytometry panels, and Illumina sequencing instruments.
The Department of Pathology is currently seeking a Histology Technician.
- Process tissue from all patients for routine histopathology preparations.
- Performs special procedures.
- Process fresh and fixed tissue specimens for surgical, autopsy, and investigative histopathology preparations with minimal supervision.
- Performs assigned quality control procedures.
- Associate’s Degree in Biology or chemistry required OR NYS Clinical Laboratory license
- 2-4 years of experience in histopathology required
- NYS Clinical Lab Technologist/Clinical Lab Technician/Certified Histology Technician required
Hours: M-F, 9am-5pm
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.