LocationNew York, NY
DeptAllied Health - Pathology
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Clinical Proteomics Laboratory within the Hematopathology Service located at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center is seeking a Technologist I to participate in all laboratory activities ranging from instrumentation maintenance, clinical sample processing, and mass spectrometry-based proteomic clinical test development.
As a Clinical Proteomics Technologist You Will:
- Prepare and analyze samples according to written standard protocols.
- Assist with instrument maintenance and quality control procedures.
- Operate highly sensitive equipment according to procedures.
- Help maintain commonly used equipment and resolve minor equipment problems.
- Assure equipment and instruments meet performance standards.
- Maintain QC related documents.
- Assure the accuracy of all tests performed by adhering to the laboratory’s Quality Control Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintain complete documentation for test tracking and results for review/reporting.
- Review all test requests thoroughly for errors, omissions, clarity, and potential problems.
- Verify patient identification at all steps of every procedure and maintain complete accuracy.
- Notify supervisor of discrepancies and record corrective action taken.
- Perform and maintain competency in the technical and related work of the laboratory.
- Additional tasks involved in the operation of the laboratory may be assigned as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology, Biotechnology, Clinical Lab Sciences, or related field required
- New York State Clinical Laboratory Technologist License required
- Experience with protein extraction or LC-MS is a plus, but not required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good laboratory and organizational skills, including the ability to work independently and efficiently are essential.
- Ability to multitask, along with an orientation toward teamwork.
- Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week.
- Hours will be between 7am and 7pm.
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.