VP, Chief Architect
LocationNew York, NY
DeptDigital - Enterprise Architecture
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Innovator. Leader. Tech Trendsetter. These are a few key criteria that come to mind as we envision our first VP, Chief Architect at MSK. We are excited to bring on a Senior Executive who is passionate about digital transformation and motivated by the chance to define a modern architecture practice at one of the nation's leading cancer centers.
As the Chief Architect, you will report directly to the office of the Chief Digital Officer and Head of Technology, Claus Torp Jensen. Claus is a seasoned technology executive whose arrival this fall heralds a new era for MSK, enhancing our use of data, analytics, and technology to improve how we work and collaborate.
With center-wide leadership support, we are driving forward new ideas, innovation, testing and the development of new digital products and services to support patients, researchers, and clinicians. Our technical teams are embracing agile methodologies and user-centered design to build products that will improve the patient journey.
- Provide architectural vision and guidance demonstrating expertise, creativity, flexibility, and empathy
- Establish a strong rapport with Executives within both IT and Business functions across the organization, demonstrating a solid grasp of their needs and the ability to explain complex architectural topics and strategies to them
- Manage the architecture, design, scope, and planning of the foundational business and technology platform
- Provide architectural oversight, addressing challenges and seeking opportunities for improvement across all dimensions
- An inspiring personality
- Evident experience in enterprise architecture, including building the practice and leading/mentoring matrixed teams in a broad-based business capacity
- Deep knowledge of Agile methodologies and frameworks (SAFe, Kanban, Scrum) and experience putting DevOps into practice
- Mastery of modern data and integration architecture topics such as hybrid cloud, API’s, streaming technologies, event-driven systems, self-service data platforms and analytics/Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence
- Solid understanding of the SDLC and experience creating a technical leadership culture that treasures and pursues continuous improvement and innovation
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's preferred
For consideration, please click to submit your application. If you have any questions about the role or MSK – please contact Cassie Campbell, Lead - Digital Tech & Analytics Talent at email@example.com or via LinkedIn.
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.