Pharmacy Tech II
DeptAllied Health - Pharmacy
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Are you passionate about playing a meaningful role in the fight to conquer cancer? Does the opportunity to work alongside clinicians who are internally and externally recognized as leaders in multiple fields interest you?
The mission of the Division of Pharmacy Services parallels the ultimate purpose of the health center: "Leadership in the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and cure of cancer and associated diseases through excellence, vision and cost-effectiveness in patient care, outreach programs, research and education". As a support service of the hospital, our primary existence and function are based on a multi-disciplinary team approach to patient care in all phases of development (geriatric, adult and pediatric), with dedication and concern. The professional staff as well as the technical/support staff performs with the highest regard for the patients they serve by constantly considering cost-containment once therapeutic effectiveness and safety is established.
The Pharmacy Department at MSK utilizes a multidisciplinary approach to patient care, where the emphasis is on therapeutic efficacy and safety. We provide comprehensive, clinical and dispensing services in both inpatient and ambulatory care settings through a decentralized satellite pharmacy services model.
We are currently seeking a Pharmacy Technician for our MSK Bergen Location
- Someone who readily take on challenges, without unnecessary planning.
- Able to handle and manage crises effectively.
- Known to deliver messages in a clear, compelling, and concise manner.
- Able to follow through on commitments and act with a clear sense of ownership.
- Resourceful and make sound decisions, even in the absence of complete information.
- Perform Inventory management (ordering, receiving, stocking).
- Complete annual competency assessments.
- Triage phone calls with courtesy and promptness and refer to pharmacist when applicable.
- Maintain pharmacy files and records.
- Demonstrate proficiency with applicable pharmacy equipment, systems and technology.
- Assist with pharmacy inspections.
- Adhere to State and Federal regulations and Pharmacy Policies and Procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- HS Diploma/GED with 2+ years of clinic/hospital experience preferred.
- PTCB or NHA Technician Certification (CPhT) required.
- Omnicell experience is beneficial.