Nursing Careers Information Session - RN Case Manager role , 11/21
LocationNew York, NY
DeptNursing - Case Management
Have you considered transitioning into a RN Case Manager role and building on your nursing skills and experience?
As a Magnet-designated cancer center, our RN Case Management at MSK focus on providing quality patient care to Oncology patients and families living with cancer in a healing and innovative environment.
Join us on Thursday, November 21,2019 from 8:00am - 11:00am for a Nursing Career Fair where you will have the chance to learn more about developing your nursing career at MSK as a RN Case Manager and current job openings.
- RN Case Manager- Inpatient (Full-time: flexible schedule 4 days x 10 hours)
- RN Case Manager, Patient Care Advocacy Program (Full-time Five Days 9 am-5 pm (Monday to Friday) potential for telephonic Case Management role#
Successful Case Managers:
- Offer case management for a caseload of Oncology patients.
- Assess discharge-planning needs at patient’s admission and coordinate all needed services including home care to facilitate safe and timely transition to the next level of care
- Act as part of a multidisciplinary team to provide continuity of care throughout various stages of treatment and follow-up.
- Communicate with physicians and clinical nursing staff regarding ongoing patient care.
- Interface with insurance carriers and MSKCC billing departments to initiate appeals and obtain authorizations for treatment.
- Build strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric care solutions.
- Continue professional development related to oncology nursing, case management, and utilization management.
To attend our Information Session, you need:
- Current NYS Registered Nurse License/Registration and BSN
- 2-3 years of clinical hospital nursing experience
- Managed care/UR/CM experience strongly preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving and communication skills essential
- Strong decision-making and negotiation skills
This Career Fair is not opened to New RN Graduates
Please note, space is limited, and if selected, guests will receive an event confirmation by Wednesday November 19,2019
Space is limited; click "Apply" to register now.
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.