Front-End Engineer (Developer) - Digital Accelerator
LocationNew York, NY
DeptStrategy & Innovation
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
We are currently hiring a Front-End Engineer (Developer) who would enjoy the challenge of designing and building applications to improve diagnosis, treatment and management of cancer.
You’re a creative and innovative developer, with experience in enterprise software development, who enjoys working in a fast paced and technically challenging environment. You should be self-driven, with an enthusiastic, flexible and 'can-do' attitude. You appreciate the latest emerging technology and know when and when not to use it.
Data is not simply something you push and pull to populate your applications, but something you approach with curiosity and care. You have an attention to detail in design and execution. You embody or recognize aesthetics of code, user experience and data visualization. You take pride in your work and yet you know humbly that there are many ways to success.
And most importantly, you enjoy your work and have fun with it!
What's happening at MSK in the digital space?
MSK is embarking on a Digital Transformation and created a Digital Accelerator to help us build our digital capabilities. The Digital Accelerator (DA) is a hub for new ideas, innovations, testing, and the development of new digital products and services to support patients, researchers, and clinicians. We’re using an agile approach and user-centered design to build products that will improve the patient journey. We’re a brand-new, lean group that is team-oriented, passionate about our work and focused on making an impact at MSK.
- Designs, codes, unit tests, and integrates new features and functionality during sprint
- Analyzes functional requirements and documents technical specifications
- Work anywhere in technical stack, delivering quality code on front-end and back-end
- Builds scalable, globally distributed systems
- Completes required documentation
- Plans for implementation and migration from test to production
- Alerts Product Owner & squad members to changes and additions to the sprint deliverables/backlog
- Engages QA / Testers for automated testing
- Participates in peer design and code reviews to ensure code quality
- Leverages/contributes to standard packages, data governance
- Ability to influence squad members to "swarm" tasks to ensure highest priority items are completed first in sprint
- You have experience writing and maintaining “Object-Oriented” CSS and with the use of CSS preprocessors such as LESS or SASS. Experience with CSS-in-JS is a plus.
- You have good knowledge of maintaining a healthy build pipeline for the frontend code through Webpack.
- You value both cross-browser, as well as cross-platform optimization.
- Solid understanding of data structures, algorithms, software architecture, TDD
- Somewhat familiar with containerization, e.g. Docker, and cloud providers such as AWS and Azure
- Experience working in an agile environment
Nice To Have:
- Understanding of Machine Learning algorithms
- Experience working on digital healthcare products
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.