Sr Digital Product Designer (UI/UX) - Digital Accelerator
LocationNew York, NY
DeptStrategy & Innovation
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Do you want to have the rare opportunity to create one-of-a-kind, functional digital products that will help doctors and patients make life-saving decisions?
MSK is embarking on a Digital Transformation and created a Digital Accelerator to help us build our digital capabilities. The Digital Accelerator (DA) is a hub for new ideas, innovations, testing, and the development of new digital products and services to support patients, researchers, and clinicians. We’re using an agile approach and user-centered design to build products that will improve the patient journey. We’re a brand-new, lean group that is team-oriented, passionate about the work and focused on making an impact at MSK.
We are currently hiring a Senior Digital Product Designer (UI/UX Designer) that is passionate about improving user experience in technology used to diagnose, treat and manage cancer. You will drive and own the design process from start to finish working directly with the Product Manager, developing the design plan and acting as design authority.
Use Case - MSK at Home:
The vision for this use case is to extend MSK care to meet patients whenever and wherever they are — while enabling dignity, ensuring safety, and empowering independence. The first product build will expand existing capabilities (e.g., telehealth, patient communications, workflow integration) and improve the clinician user experience. It will increase patient touch points between visits and improve the overall patient experience.
- Design and specify user interfaces and information architecture using participatory and iterative design techniques including, but not limited to, prototyping and usability testing
- Participate in concept sessions using user research and design thinking.
- Be hands-on with the delivery of concepts, personas, user journeys, storyboards, system maps, user flows, wireframes, visual design comps, and prototypes with Sketch, InVision, and other tools.
- Incorporate user research and usability testing to iterate on product solutions.
- Communicate the product’s vision and articulate design decisions and trade-offs to the squad both verbally and visually.
- Creates and implements layouts and visual assets to communicate product concepts
- Collaborates with designers and Product Owners to iterate on design and implementation of product
- Builds efficient and reusable front-end systems and abstractions
- Participates in design and code reviews
- Creates user-friendly experience, customer interactions and flow
- Builds design for front-end of digital solutions
- Uses customer research to drive best digital outcomes
- Ensures consistency of newly-designed features with overall user interactions
- Leverages user journey understanding of Design Strategist to enable UI design
- Works closely with developers and testers to ensure design interactions are implemented
- Facilitates activities with the squad to define, design, and rapidly model the end user experience
- Facilitates design reviews with key stakeholders
- Ensures designs are ready ahead of sprint where functionality is being delivered
- Participates in sprint demos to receive usability feedback
- Co-located with squad unless otherwise indicated
- Able to access/socialize designs with users
- User interface design and overall look and feel
- Delighting the end-user with an exceptional experience and overall solution usability
- An exceptional communicator with outstanding presentation skills.
- A collaborator with excellent people management skills and a desire to work with multi-disciplinary teams.
- A self-starter with an ability to excel in a dynamic, ever-changing environment.
- 10+ years of experience as a Product Designer
- Working experience with Sketch and InVision
- Proven experience delivering concepts, personas, user journeys, storyboards, user flows, wireframes, prototypes, etc.
- A strong advocate of superior user experience
- Visual design work experience deployed across a range of platforms
- Proven experience delivering concepts, storyboards, user flows, and prototypes
- Ability to use design tools such as Sketch, Adobe CS, etc.
*Please include a link to your portfolio on your resume
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.