Associate Director, Diversity and Inclusion
LocationNew York, NY
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Associate Director, Diversity & Inclusion
Reporting directly to the Vice President, Talent Acquisition Group, the Associate Director, Diversity and Inclusion partners with our HRBPs and Talent Acquisition Specialists to achieve diversity goal in recruitment and retention of underrepresented groups.
What is the mission of MSK's D&I team?
To champion an inclusive environment that inspires employees to listen, speak, and act in ways that are respectful of all people, all backgrounds, and all viewpoints with the commitment and competencies to embrace patient access, and patient care, alongside excellence in employee engagement and results throughout MSK.
- Knowledgable about D&I and how businesses successfully implement strategies and translate this insight to impact results at MSK.
- A capable business leader with an uncanny ability to partner with our Learning & Organizational Development to increase cultural awareness and build our cultural proficiency.
- Adept at building trusted partnerships.
- Capable of building effective, united teams through strong communication and engagement strategies.
- Consistently able to make things happen
- Someone who doesn’t shy away from difficult situations or people
- Build trusting relationships with Business Leaders, HR Teams and employees to develop a deep understanding of the organization’s workforce, culture, diversity, inclusiveness and retention opportunities.
- Ensure that D&I practices and messages are embedded in overall HR and Talent strategies including manager education, benefits, HRIS, talent planning, and compensation
- Design data driven creative initiatives to address challenges and opportunities.
- Collaborate with Human Resources Business Partners (HRBPs) to retain valued members of underrepresented employee groups as defined by the EEOC.
- Collaborate with Learning and Organization Development and HRBPs to implement change management and training to close skill/process/behavioral gaps.
- Facilitate trainings, dialogues and focus groups where necessary to support diversity and talent management initiatives.
- Conduct research, analysis and benchmarking across other organizations to deliver best-practices.
- Advise MSK's Employee Resource Networks and their Executive Sponsors, along with MSK management, to build effective programming and empowerment.
- Provide coaching and guidance on issues related to equality and inclusion
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 7-10 minimum years of professional work experience that includes talent management, diversity, Human Resources, or related field.
- The ability to develop engaging presentations and strategies through use of data and visuals.
- Project management and experience working in a complex environment
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.