Advanced Practice Provider (Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner) – Gynecology Medical Oncology, MSK Monmouth, NJ
DeptAdvanced Practice Provider
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Advanced Practice Provider (Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner) – Outpatient Medical Oncology, MSK Monmouth, NJ
We are seeking an Advanced Practice Provider (Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner) to provide comprehensive care to the Medical Oncology Service (Gynecology Medical Oncology) to meet the medical and psychosocial needs of our patients, implement and evaluate standards of care, and participate in research necessary to establish exemplary, evidence-based care.
The Advanced Practice Provider (APP) will join a team of over 500 NPs and PAs across MSK who are dedicated to delivering compassionate, expert and comprehensive cancer care to patients and families, supporting the mission, philosophy, standards, goals and objectives of the institution and department.
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Able to work effectively in an environment notable for complex, sometimes contradictory information
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals
- Effective at gaining the support and commitment of others by engaging them around your point of view and priorities
- Flexible in your approach and demeanor in order to align with the shifting demands of evolving circumstances
- Collaborate with physicians and healthcare team members
- Provide comprehensive care to surgical oncology patients
- Meet the medical needs of patients
- Participate in the implementation of patient education and clinical support programs to ensure optimal care throughout the healthcare continuum
Qualifications needed for a PA candidate are:
- Graduate from an accredited PA program
- NCCPA certification
- Active NJS license or be qualified for state licensure
- A minimum of 2 years of related experience is preferred
Qualifications needed for an NP candidate are:
- Current New York State (NJS) RN and NP licenses/registrations
- Master’s degree in nursing, prescriptive privileges (or eligibility)
- 3+ years of related clinical experience
- Related National NP certification
Hours: Flex 10 hours between 8am and 8pm, 4 days per week (may include some weekends)
Application Hiring Process
With a clinical and support staff of nearly 200, MSK Monmouth offers the same diagnostic and treatment capabilities that patients receive in Manhattan and at our other regional sites. The center provides a centralized location for many of MSK’s information technology needs and will eventually be home to more than 100 employees.