LocationNew York, NY
DeptAllied Health - Pathology
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
We are currently seeking a full time Histology Tech for the Pathology Department
- A problem solver, who can manage complex, high quantity and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- A good decision maker, with proven success of making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Action oriented and eager to take on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- An effective communicator, capable of developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of difference audiences.
- Adaptable in your approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
- Processes fresh and fixed tissue specimens for surgical, autopsy, and investigative histopathology preparations under supervision.
- Performs assigned quality control procedures.
- Records daily, weekly, and monthly, all quality control and preventive maintenance activities. (Include any corrective action taken, along with date and initials).
- Performs preventive maintenance activities as scheduled, documenting on appropriate logs.
- Work at one of our facilities in New York City (Relocation assistance available for this job, pending completion of 6 months employment).
- Equivalent of 2 years of college with knowledge of biology, chemistry, anatomy and physiology required
- New York State Clinical Laboratory Technologist/Clinical Laboratory Technician/Certified Histology Technician required
- 2 year experience in histopathology techniques.
- Excellent communication skills - including verbal, written and computer
- ASCP Certification strongly preferred
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.