Health & Safety Manager - Environmental Health & Safety
LocationNew York, NY
DeptEnvironmental Health & Safety
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
As one of the world's premier cancer centers, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK) is committed to the progressive control and cure of cancer through programs of patient care, research and education. As such, our Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Department plays a vital role in supporting that mission through the implementation of programs that continuously strive to exceed and set industry standards as well as enhance the safety culture. EHS is responsible for enterprise-wide environmental health and safety services, including Fire and Life Safety, Emergency Management, Construction Safety, Hazardous Material and Waste Management, Laboratory Safety, Occupational Safety, Healthcare Safety, Environmental Compliance and Ergonomics. MSK is seeking a proven leader who can be part of a dynamic and growing organization.
We are seeking a Health & Safety Manager for our growing EHS team.
As a Health & Safety Manager, you will:
- Manage OSHA health and safety programs throughout the Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK) healthcare, research, and administrative enterprise.
- Develop and implement programs that meet regulatory requirements and best practices.
- Develop and conduct health and safety educational programs for the MSK community.
- Work closely with other EHS staff and MSK departments and personnel.
- Ensure safety and compliance of all applicable health and safety requirements by means of inspections, reports, metrics, institutional committee memberships, and instructional workshops and training programs.
- Provide technical guidance and active support as part of the EHS Emergency Response Team during and outside of regular working hours.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Safety, Science, Engineering, Industrial Hygiene, or related major (Master’s Degree preferred).
- 4-7 years of experience in health & safety programs.
- Experience with hospital/healthcare health and safety programs preferred.
- Experience managing safety specialists.
- CIH or CSP preferred.
- Ability to act decisively when responding to emergency situations.
- Capability of working independently and as a team member to develop and implement programs with EHS staff and MSK departments.
- Highly service oriented with good interpersonal, written and oral communication skills including the ability to develop and deliver concise documentation, presentations and trainings. Ability to organize and lead effective meetings.
- Competency in the use of computers, including Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access and email/Internet programs. Ability to develop complex MS Excel spreadsheets to track and organize multiple operational activities including the integration of multiple data sources; use of statistical calculations and formulas; and develop operational reports.
For more info on our Environmental Health & Safety Department, please take a look here:
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.