Laboratory Technologist II
LocationNew York, NY
DeptAllied Health - Laboratory Medicine
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
- Perform and maintain competency in the technical and related work in the Histocompatibility Laboratory to support the hospital's Hematopoietic Stem Cell and Bone Marrow transplantation program. Testing includes DNA extraction, PCR, HLA typing of Class I and II genes, engraftment monitoring, KIR typing, and HLA antibody screening and identification.
- Maintain complete, accurate, legible, neat, organized, up-to-date records/logs/files,
- Assure the accuracy of all tests performed by adhering to the Laboratory's Standard Operating Procedures
- Perform routine and advanced equipment maintenance
- Contribute to the upkeep and safety of the Laboratory and assures a clean, safe, adequately supplied work area
- Participate in the laboratory inventory program that provides adequate inventories of reagents and supplies
- Create and help maintain an environment that emphasizes safety following New York State DOH, Joint Commission, OSHA and CLIA regulations
- Provide direction, training, and feedback on routine laboratory procedures, as assigned
- A Bachelor's Degree in Medical Technology or Clinical Laboratory Sciences
- A NY State Clinical Laboratory Technologist License required
- 2+ years of experience working in a clinical laboratory required
- 2+ years of experience working in a molecular laboratory strongly preferred.
- Excellent computer, verbal and written communication skills
- ASCP certification preferred
- 37.5 hours per week
- Monday - Friday, Days/Varies
- Weekend and holiday rotation coverage as scheduled
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.