Subcontract & Consortium Specialist
LocationNew York, NY
DeptProfessional - Research Administration
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
We are seeking a self-directed Subcontract & Consortium Specialist. This position has the authority to negotiate agreement terms and conditions for subcontract and consortium awards. The Subcontract & Consortium Specialist has primary oversight, management, and administration of the sub-award system(s) and databases. This position serves an integral function monitoring and ensuring compliance with federal Uniform Guidance, state, and sponsor regulations. The Subcontract & Consortium Specialist assists with the development of MSK Sub-award and Consortium policies and SOPs and develops tools for tracking and managing agreements.
- Independently analyze and interpret terms and conditions of government and non-government sponsored research agreements.
- Coordinate and monitor all aspects associated with consortium award processing and execution.
- Work with and liaise with external sponsors, grants managers, and MSK research community to negotiate appropriate and acceptable agreement terms and conditions; Advise PI, Director, Managers, Contracts Manager and other involved parties (r.) of any problematic terms prior to and during negotiation.
- Serve as expert resource and institutional liaison for consortium awards and guide communication among grants management team, PI, and outside organizations as needed.
- Draft subcontract agreements incorporating appropriate sponsor, and MSK terms & conditions.
- Review all partially executed subcontract terms and conditions ensuring all relevant documentation is returned and complete.
- Administer the system(s) housing all consortium and sub-award information
- Ensure that MSK subcontract and consortium compliance obligations are satisfied.
- Interpret subcontracts to identify those requiring Federal Funding Accountability and Transparency Act (FFATA) report submissions.
- Able to operate effectively in an environment notable for complex information, even when things are not clear or the way forward is not obvious.
- Self-motivated, willing to take action, individual, with demonstrated ability to establish relationships, prioritize and multi-task on parallel projects
- Able to adapt in ambiguous situations and produce results
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with institutional goals
- A strong communicator and able to easily interact with a diverse group of individuals
- Bachelor’s Degree or four years of experience in lieu of a degree
- 2-4 years of relevant experience
- Prior experience working with subcontracts and consortium awards and familiarity with NIH grants submission process #LI-POST
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.