Interventional Mammo Technologist - MSK Westchester
LocationWest Harrison, NY
DeptAllied Health - Radiology
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
- Committed to high standards of productivity.
- Motivated to provide exceptional customer service.
- Action oriented and eager to take on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Adaptable in your approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
- A good decision maker, with proven success of making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Able to use specialized knowledge and job-related experience to handle complex work assignments and/or provide guidance to other less experienced staff; may function as a lead worker and/or head project teams (advanced practitioner).
- The technologist will be expected to perform a variety of routine and more specialized imaging procedures of the breast that require independent judgment and initiative with minimal supervision. The qualified individual will also perform screening and diagnostic mammograms.
- Performs all radiographic examinations accurately, completely and efficiently, checking technical quality, and submits completed exams for physician to review.
- Manages all aspects of the exam procedures to maximize exam efficiency while meeting patient needs.
- Assist physicians and performs nursing duties, as needed.
- Prepares accurate records and enters required data into information management system.
- Instructs trainees in specialty area and keeps licensing up to date.
- Maintains a neat, clean, safe environment, and performs quality control tests as assigned.
- Treats those individuals (e.g., patient/family, client, center employee) who depend on the quality, accuracy and timeliness of the work as unique individuals in a respectful, courteous manner, and focuses on understanding and meeting their needs.
- Works collaboratively with others to accomplish departmental and organizational goals.
- Must be certified in New York State and registered with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) in both Radiography (R) and Mammography (M).
- Minimum of 5 years Mammography with at least 3 years Stereotactic Biopsy Experience is required.
- Experience in performing Bone Densitometry (DEXA) a plus.
Application Hiring Process
West Harrison, NY
Residents of New York’s Hudson Valley and Connecticut are offered many of the same treatments as at our other facilities, including chemotherapy, immunotherapy and radiation. 500 Westchester Avenue, West Harrison, NY