Manager, Environmental Services, Josie Robertson Surgery Center
LocationNew York, NY
DeptEnvironmental Health & Safety
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
MSK is seeking a Manager of Environmental Services based at our Josie Robertson Surgery Center, to manage the administrative, operational and technical activities of the Environmental Services Department in order to maintain the cleanliness of a high-volume outpatient facility and ensure efficiency and quality service. Service is at the heart of everything we do at MSK and we pride ourselves on the fact that each of our employees delivers first-class service to our patients. The Environmental Services team plays a significant role in providing exceptional service by ensuring a safe, clean, and pleasant environment for patients, staff, and visitors.
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- A provider of work directives, delegating responsibilities as necessary and removing obstacles to get work done.
- Able to hold yourself and others accountable to achieve goals and live up to commitments.
- Building effective teams where team members apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Ability to build relationships, establish trust, handle conflict, and influence others
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding.
- Monitor and forecast department operations to ensure service needs are met, recommending changes in staffing levels and schedules.
- Ensure that all work is completed within specified time frames and to the defined service level.
- Anticipate the impact of special/emergency requests on daily workload and implementing new plan as needed.
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments
- Manage employee activities including hiring, training, corrective action, and performance evaluations.
- Orient and train new supervisors utilizing department objectives, policies and procedures; ensure supervisor is introduced to each of their team members.
- Identify opportunities for system and process improvements.
- Bachelor's degree or relevant equivalent experience, Masters degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of management experience preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience in environmental services, hospital operations, supply chain, or related field required.
- Work week is 37.5 hours.
- Flexibility required during hospital incident command activation.
- Monday-Friday 9a-5p with occasional flexibility including overnight shifts or weekend hours.
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.