Administrative Assistant, Sloan Kettering Institute
LocationNew York, NY
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
In more than 100 laboratories, our scientists are conducting innovative research to advance understanding in the biological sciences and improve human health. The SKI Staff includes 400 research fellows, and 200 graduate students (both PhDs and MD/PhDs). SKI boasts many National Academy of Sciences members and Howard Hughes Medical Institute investigators.
The SKI Administrative Assistant provides administrative and operational support for the Administrative Managers, Principal Investigators, Program Coordinators and/or Core Heads to assure seamless support of an office of lab.
- Perform routine administrative activities to maintain the smooth operation of the office and lab, including but not limited to a strong focus in calendar management, prepare materials for meetings, recruitment/promotions meetings, organizing, coordinating meetings, processing reimbursements, and meeting minutes.
- Prepare/produce accurate preparation of complex documents including memos, correspondence, reports, presentations and manuals as required, and assist with the coordination and organization of timely grants submissions and similar projects
- Answering phones, taking messages and directing calls on behalf of the office.
- Assist and participate in divisional projects
- Maintain calendars, create agendas and fliers, and coordinate with visitors to maintain Managers or PI schedules
- Complete reimbursement and invoice paperwork, and monitor expenses and payments
- Updating websites and office documentation, proofreading and editing text, creating accurate and legible documents
- Plan travel, events, seminars, and visits, and complete personnel-related paperwork for managers or lab members
- Interact with lab members, place scientific lab orders, follow-up on orders; liaison with Procurement/IT; equipment inventory/Maintenance/PM service; process all travel related forms, assist with on-boarding lab space preparation and assist on projects as needed.
- A planner and an organizer with a keen attention to detail
- A great communicator
- A professional who possesses the ability to work well with people of many different backgrounds and temperament
- Flexibility, discretion, organization, and initiative
- Ability to work proactively and independently, following up on projects
- Careful attention to detail, ability to multi-task and strong interpersonal skills
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred with at least 1 year of administrative experience
- Excellent Microsoft Office software skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Superior verbal and written communication
- Experience in a hospital or academic research lab preferred
- Experience with Filemaker a plus
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.