Clinical Nurse – Symptom Care Clinic Team, Outpatient setting ( Uniondale, Long Island Regional Site)
DeptNursing - Ambulatory
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Clinical Nurse – Symptom Care Clinic Team, Outpatient setting (Uniondale, Long Island Regional Site)
- Providers of compassionate, evidence-based nursing care to Oncology patients and families living with cancer in a healing and innovative environment
- Action-oriented and eager to embrace new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that maintains high standards of nursing care within the organization.
- Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged, using both formal and informal development
- Approachable and comfortable with diverse groups of people and able to make others comfortable with you.
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding.
- Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric.
- Seeking to strengthen your nursing skills in Oncology Nursing.
- Work within a Nurse-Physician based outpatient practice model.
- Interact with patients in clinic setting and telephonically to triage symptoms
- In collaboration with the healthcare team members develop individualized treatment plan
- Perform patient assessment, patient and family education and symptom management
- Act as part of a multidisciplinary team to provide continuity of care throughout various stages of treatment and follow-up
- Participate in the implementation of clinical support programs to ensure optimal care throughout the healthcare continuum
- New York State RN license
- 2 years of related experience required
- In-depth knowledge of Oncology Nursing
- Urgent care experience preferred
- National certification highly preferred
Hours: 10-hour days flexed Monday - Friday