LocationNew York, NY
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
MSK is seeking a Security Analyst to join their team. We are looking for a Security Analyst for our Information Security Department. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has a background in security who is looking to take their career to the next level by joining a dynamic team to support our mission here at MSK.
AS THE SECURITY ANALYST, YOU WILL:
- Define, implement, and maintain organizational security policies.
- Evaluate the efficiency, effectiveness, and compliance of operational processes with institutional security policies and related government regulations.
- Collaborate with both technical and non-technical areas of the organization to improve security compliance, manage risk, and bolster effective company-wide security practices.
- Develop and deliver training in security awareness and data safety.
- Maintain current knowledge of security vulnerabilities, threats, and industry-standard methodologies (both within and external to the healthcare industry).
- Participate in appropriate and relevant conferences and courses to maintain technical proficiency.
- Assist in developing and implementing an annual personal education plan to develop and maintain currency of security-‐related skills, technologies, methodologies, and standard methodologies.
- A strong, confident communicator who can collaborate with and provide security guidance to members of the organization across departments and at all levels as well as our external partners.
- Comfortable presenting to groups, including management staff.
- Able to work and/or attend meetings in New York City, Middletown NJ, regional sites, or vendor sites.
- Able to serve as a contributor and leader of a cross-functional team
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably in a STEM field.
- One to five years of related experience.
- Entry-to-intermediate level certifications that demonstrate a basic knowledge of security concepts (e.g., Security+, GSEC, CEH) are a plus.
- Experience in developing effective educational content and driving customer engagement is a plus.
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.