Assistant General Counsel
LocationNew York, NY
DeptProfessional - Other
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Office of General Counsel at MSK is seeking an experienced Assistant General Counsel to provide legal advice and support to MSK clinical and pre-clinical research programs, and/or advise in other health care regulatory areas to be assigned, including but not limited to licensure and accreditation, fraud and abuse, and privacy. The candidate will work closely with the Chief Regulatory Counsel and other members of the MSK legal team in order to provide efficient and timely advice to clients throughout the organization.
As the Assistant General Counsel, you will:
- Provide advice on various legal issues related to regulations which affect clinical and research operations.
- Respond to day-to-day legal inquiries raised by clinical and administrative staff and members of the IRB and other research oversight committees.
- Provide advice on grants, contracts and policies in support of research and other clinical activities.
- Provide advice and support to the Compliance Department operations, including but not limited to the privacy and conflict of interest programs.
- Assist in investigations of potential regulatory and compliance violations.
- Maintain and enhance professional growth and development through professional associations to keep abreast of changes and trends in your field of expertise.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- A Juris Doctorate (JD) from an ABA-accredited law school and admission to the New York State bar.
- At least 4 years of related experience in an academic medical center legal department and/or law firm with a nationally-recognized health care practice.
- Demonstrated excellence in academic credentials, judgment, writing, analytical skills and communication skills with a broad spectrum of individuals.
- Proven ability to process a large volume of complex work through prioritization and organization.
- High level of comfort with technology and information management tools, committed to teamwork, responsive, and a proven track record of providing the highest-quality service. #LI-POST
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.