Immunology Histology Tech
LocationNew York, NY
DeptAllied Health - Pathology
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Pathology Lab is seeking an experienced Immunohistochemistry Technician/Technologist
Process cases using Immunohistochemical Stains for surgical, anatomical and investigative histology preparations under the direct supervision of the Laboratory Supervisors or Manager.
- Embeds tissue specimen using orientation techniques appropriate to the type of tissue.
- Sections tissue paraffin blocks and fixes on slide per departmental guidelines; ensures proper thickness and absence of cutting artifacts.
- Perform immunohistochemistry stains, per departmental guidelines.
- Operates and maintains equipment (e.g. microtome, Leica’s Bond III, Ventana’s Benchmark Ultra, cover slipper) .
- Organizes slides on trays and distribute them to pathologists.
- Evaluates and solves technical problems (e.g. titration of new reagents, dilution changes)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology or Chemistry required
- 2+ years of experience with histopathology techniques required
- NY State Clinical Lab Technician license required
- ASCP (HT or HTL) certification preferred.
Hours: Monday - Friday, 10:00pm - 6:00am
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.