LocationNew York, NY
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Would you like to utilize your outstanding data engineering skills to support MSK’s mission? Do you want to be part of a team that values your contributions and encourages you to grow?
Our Data Strategy team is committed to facilitating the efficient delivery of reliable data to the physicians and researchers working to discover more-effective strategies to prevent, control, and ultimately cure cancer in the future!
We are seeking a Sr Data Engineer who understands the critical value that prepared data provide for next-generation analytics. You will support the work of Data Strategy by managing the full development life cycle of complex projects requiring integration to other systems including analysis, design, programming, implementation and support, you will exponentially reduce the time-to-insight for healthcare professionals, researchers, and the advanced analytics teams providing innovative, best-in-class solutions.
- MSKTranslate: A program designed to transform free-text fields using common external ontologies, which provides clearer links within clinical information regarding patient outcomes
- Genomic data integration, which allows principal investigators to match patients to the most appropriate clinical trials
- Maintain relationships with many partners including developers from other divisions, physicians, administrators, researchers, and technical specialists throughout the international cancer care community.
- Mentor others in technical standard methodologies and problem-solving, both within the MSKCC community and the cancer data consortium's in which it participates.
- Function as the technical lead by crafting and architecting elegant data delivery and analysis solutions that integrate seamlessly with existing technologies. These solutions will be innovative and solve complex issues, and a high degree of problem-solving and creative thinking are required.
- Keep abreast of developments in technology as well as healthcare, science, analytics, and the broader world to identify novel ways to make quality data available efficiently.
- Be responsible for all project planning and coordination of assigned projects, including keeping the project timeline on track and managing user and management expectations.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics
- Minimum of 5 years in a professional environment using Java
- Demonstrated history of technical leadership and project management within a data-driven environment
- Outstanding CS fundamentals and analytical skills
- Proficiency with SQL
Nice to have:
- Experience with Noble Coder/TIES or other Named Entity Recognition (NER) tools
- 2-4 years of experience as a Software Engineer focusing in Java or a Master’s Degree in CS or related field.
- Experience and comfort with XML
- Familiarity with REST API
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.