LocationNew York, NY
DeptStrategy & Innovation
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Are you passionate about putting your skills toward reducing the total burden of cancer? Excited to use analytics and data science to revolutionize cancer care delivery? Do you want join a dynamic and energetic team dedicated to one mission, the cure of cancer? Be part of the team that was awarded the INFORMS Prize for “repeatedly applying the principles of advanced analytics and operations research / management science in groundbreaking, varied, novel, and lasting ways”?
We are seeking an Insights Analytics Manager to lead our Insights analytics team. We are a new team of analysts embedded across the institution, who use data and analytics to understand our environment, discover new insights and explore new opportunities. We currently have Insight analysts embedded working in Strategy and Competitive Intelligence, Marketing and the Department of Medicine. The team unlocks new value and possibilities from our data, using approaches from analytics, engineering, operations resource and machine learning.
- Manage and oversee the embedded analysts. Focus on professional development, technical skills development, problem framing, code quality, product implementation and data investigation
- Identify new opportunities throughout the organization for Insights analytics and promote the discipline organizationally
- Working across all levels of the business by establishing trusting and collaborative relationships with a wide variety of peers, internal/external stakeholders, and MSK senior executives.
- Passionate about analytics and its power to transform operations and clinical care
- Curious to explore and discover. Loves challenging assumptions and experimenting
- Passionate about training and developing skilled analysts and delivering business value
- Experienced with statistical and machine learning approaches
- Experienced with data visualizations
- Expert at problem framing
- Able to work effectively in an environment notable for complex, sometimes contradictory information
- Familiar with modern engineering workflows of analytics: product development, production environments, code base, github/code review etc.
- Excited to work across the enterprise and work across many departments
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding
- Marketing: analyzing the complex network of physicians and their patient referral patterns to create an optimal engagement strategy
- Competitive Intelligence: analyzing the market and competitor moves to develop new strategic options
- Medicine: understanding the economics of the clinical practice plan, so better match resources to needs
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree strong plus
- 7+ year’s experience in analytics
- 2+ year’s experience in management
- statistical analysis or programming language experience R/python/SAS
- Healthcare experience a plus
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.