Clinical Research Specialist - GI service, Department of Medicine
LocationNew York, NY
DeptResearch - Clinical
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. Our extraordinary scientists and clinicians work together to drive innovation and tackle some of the greatest challenges of biomedical science.We are seeking a Clinical Research Specialist for the Solid Tumor GI Service, focusing on responsibilities related to the coordination of clinic. In this role, you may be assigned working in the clinic, preceptorship of research staff, and special assignments (i.e. short-term studies, CRC training, etc).
- Curious and eager to take on a wide variety of problems across the clinical research community at MSK
- Adaptable to the demands of other internal groups
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
- Able to hold yourself and others accountable to achieve goals and live up to obligations
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding
- Resilient in recovering from setbacks and skilled at finding detours around obstacles
- Flexible in your approach and demeanor in order to align with the shifting demands of evolving circumstances within the various departments
- Be responsible for coordinating and performing tasks in clinic
- Provide clinic support by assisting with patient management on study
- Support and help ensure complete regulatory compliance and data collection in clinic
- Coordinate meetings with the PIs and provide assistance to other CRCs as needed
- Ensure that all appropriate institutional, state, and federal regulations are followed throughout the research protocols
- Assist with training new staff members as needed
- Assist with short-term projects and provide cross-coverage to various research teams
- A Bachelor’s degree plus one year of clinical research experience, or in lieu of a Bachelor's degree - a high school diploma with 3 years of clinical research experience
- Excellent problem-solving abilities to analyze situations, draw conclusions, make recommendations as needed and convey this information in a timely and proficient manner
- The ability to multitask and use specialized knowledge and experience to handle complex work assignments, including cross-coverage throughout the institution
- A dedication to attention to detail and a natural inclination to take initiative
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.