Pathologist Assistant: $5k-$10k Sign-On Bonus
LocationNew York, NY
DeptAllied Health - Pathology
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Department of Pathology - a collaborative team focused on one goal: delivering the proper scientific diagnosis in the most expert manner. We receive approximately 25,000 major surgical resection specimens and perform about 45 autopsies annually. We have recently completed renovation of our entire Surgical Laboratories - Gross Room, including 15 ThermoFisher senior grossing stations, Histology Lab and IHC Lab.
We are currently seeking an experienced Pathologist Assistant to join our team. In this position you will provide technical support for the Pathologists’ clinical and research activities.
- A problem solver, who can manage complex, high quantity and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- A good decision maker, with proven success of making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Action oriented and eager to take on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- An effective communicator, capable of developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of difference audiences.
- Adaptable in your approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
- Provide comprehensive assistance regarding the gross description and dissection of surgical tissue, and thrive under the guidance and supervision of outstanding Pathologists.
- Bachelor of Science from Pathologist Assistant Program (Master’s preferred).
- At least 3 years of experience in specimen grossing preferred
- Excellent communication skills - including verbal, written and computer.
- ASCP Certification required
- NYS license required
New graduates from an accredited PA masters program are welcome to apply.
Hours of work:
- 37.5 hours, five days per week.
- Days of work will include weekends.
- Hours of work could fall between 6am and 12 midnight.
- Evening and weekend hours will attract an additional shift differential payment.
*Sign on bonus offered based on years of experience
- $5k Bonus: 0-3 years experience
- $10k Bonus: 3+ years experience
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.