Clinical Pharmacy Specialist-Pediatric BMT
LocationNew York, NY
DeptAllied Health - Pharmacy
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
As a Clinical Pharmacy Specialist at Memorial Sloan Kettering you will have the opportunity to play a critical role in our fight to conquer cancer alongside clinicians who are internally and externally recognized as leaders in multiple fields. Our belief in unifying basic science with clinical investigations, collaboration across all department levels, and most importantly, the unmatched dedication and compassion of our staff has resulted in Memorial Sloan Kettering being named among the elite hospitals for cancer care in the nation, according to the U.S. News & World Report listing of Best Hospitals.
The Pharmacy Department utilizes a multidisciplinary approach to patient care, where the emphasis is on therapeutic efficacy and safety. We provide comprehensive, clinical and dispensing services in both inpatient and ambulatory care settings through a decentralized satellite pharmacy services model.
We are looking for a confident, independent Clinical Pharmacist to join our Pediatric BMT team as a Clinical Pharmacy Specialist. In this role, you will serve as a fully integrated member of the Pediatric BMT Service to provide advanced clinical pharmacy services, including:
- Drug therapy design and monitoring, patient medication counseling, and participation in Collaborative Drug Therapy Management (CDTM)
- Committee participation and development of treatment guidelines and pharmacy policies
- Preceptorship of PGY2 Oncology Pharmacy residents and pharmacy students
- Education of hospital staff through Grand Rounds presentations and in-service training
- PharmD (or equivalent)
- NYS license (or eligibility)
- A completed ASHP-accredited PGY1 Pharmacy Practice residency
- A completed ASHP-accredited PGY2 Oncology or PGY2 Pediatrics residency
- Normal hours of work fall between Monday and Friday, 37.5 hours per week
- Flexibility may be required depending upon the needs of the department
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.