Data/Biostats Research Project Manager - Head & Neck service, Department of Surgery
LocationNew York, NY
DeptResearch - Clinical
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Research Project Manager is an integral member of the research team and in compliance with all regulatory, institutional, and departmental requirements.
The Head and Neck Surgery Service in the Department of Surgery was established in 1914 and enjoys the reputation of being the leading center in the world for the specialty of head and neck surgery and oncology. The members of this service have been world leaders in head and neck surgery throughout the past century. The surgeons on the service are leaders, innovators, and trend setters, who offer cutting edge surgical services supported by technological advances of endoscopic laser surgery, minimally invasive surgery and intraoperative imaging with surgical navigation. The scope of surgical procedures performed extend from the skull base to the mediastinum and from the most conservative organ and function sparing procedures to the most radical resections with immediate, anatomic, functional and esthetic reconstruction. The Research Project Manager is responsible for working with the surgeons and the research team on variety of clinical research projects both prospective and retrospective in nature. Commitment to accuracy, high attention-to-detail, and ability to work independently are critical competencies for the role.
- Manage the functions and activities of assigned projects within the research organization.
- Be responsible for database development and database research of the Head and Neck service in Department of Surgery.
- Manage a quality assurance program by reviewing data of research for accuracy and compliance.
- Support the work of Attendings, fellows and research assistants to accomplish research goals.
- Work on departmental initiatives relating to clinical research data management, specifically database management to ensure the highest quality data for the clinical research programs.
- Have in-depth knowledge of the processes/procedures associated with clinical practice, clinical research and/or a strong information systems expertise in the latest technologies.
- A Bachelor’s degree with at least 4 years of experience in clinical research and/or other applicable research investigation. Relevant graduate work would be considered in lieu of minimum experience. Knowledge in clinical trial regulatory and safety management preferred.
- Master’s degree preferred. Master’s in biostatistics a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Office including Excel and Access, database knowledge, advanced SQL.
- Experience with basic SPSS required and platforms like STATA and R a plus.
- Knowledge of human anatomy and physiology required.
- Ability to solve problems by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational, prioritization, and project management skills.
- Proven ability to manage clinical research projects with strict deadlines.
- Must have a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the regulations pertaining to human subject protection (including 21 CFR and 45 CFR 46 of the United States Code of Federal Regulations) and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5 pm
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.