Per Diem Pulmonary Technologist
LocationNew York, NY
DeptAllied Health - All
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
We are seeking a Per Diem Pulmonary Technologist.
- Perform Pulmonary Function Tests, Sputum Induction and Arterial Puncture accurately, completely and efficiently as per Department Guidelines and approved protocols.
- Review test results and determine the need for additional tests as per the approved protocol.
- Monitor patient flow and schedules urgent requests with minimal supervision.
- Maintain accurate records and logs and notifies the Supervisor and/or medical staff as indicated.
- May perform special studies as needed.
- Associate’s Degree (Biology, Chemistry, Physiology or Respiratory Therapy)/Certified Vocational Training, with 2+ years of relevant experience required (Bachelor’s Degree preferred).
- Experience in bronchial provocation and exercise testing, experience with Morgan plethysmography and MedGraphics exercise systems preferred.
- Certified Pulmonary Function Technician (CPFT) or Registered Pulmonary Function Technician (RPFT) - either certification can be obtained within 6 months of employment.
- Per diem as needed Monday through Friday, starting as early as 7:15 PM (7:15 AM – 3:15 PM) to as late as 6:00 PM (10:00 AM – 6:00 PM).
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.