Security Guard - Josie Robertson Surgery Center
LocationNew York, NY
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
MSK is seeking a Security Guard to provide a secure environment for the hospital staff and patients by patrolling building entrances, interior floors, and outside perimeters of MSK buildings. This position is located at our Josie Robertson Surgery Center on the Upper East Side of Manhattan.
- Monitor entrances/exits assigned and inspects packages to guard against illegal acts or potential dangers.
- Responds to emergency incidents and renders necessary assistance.
- Conducts investigation of certain incidents and prepares written reports.
- Perform patrols on center property in an effective manner, providing crime deterrence, addressing safety conditions, providing assistance and service as requested or assigned.
- Operate Key-Trak, Patient Transport, and CCTV systems in a competent manner.
- Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Action-oriented and eager to embrace new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Able to hold yourself and others accountable in order to achieve goals and live up to commitments.
- Adept at building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives and goals.
- Approachable – someone who is comfortable with diverse groups of people and able to make others comfortable with you.
- High School Diploma or GED
- New York State Security Guard License
- Fire Guard (F01) must be obtained 6 months after start date
- Fire Safety Director certificate preferred
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.