Communications Specialist, Organizational Change Management (OCM)
LocationNew York, NY
DeptProfessional - Human Resources
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Organizational Change Management (OCM) Communications Specialist plays a key role in HR initiatives meeting their business objectives by focusing on the people aspect of the change. This person will focus on educating and empowering employees to accept the change–-including changes to business processes, systems and technology, job roles and organization structures. The primary focus will be creating and implementing change management communications plans and content that minimize employee resistance and maximize employee engagement. This role will drive adoption, utilization and proficiency in all things HR by creating compelling and relatable change management communications plans and content – in multiple formats including digital, social, print, email, etc.
This highly visible role requires a candidate who is forward-thinking, can interact with senior leadership and has a strong track record of success in organizational change, communications, employee engagement and change leadership.
- Develop and execute change management communications plans for HR initiatives, like system launches, new initiatives and process re-engineering efforts.
- Ensure information is effectively cascaded throughout the organization to minimize employee resistance and increase adoption rates.
- Partner with internal communications department on major launches and initiative communications.
- Develop and deploy HR initiative communications, including but not limited to: newsletter articles, emails, OneMSK (our social intranet) updates, videos, posters, etc.
- Assist with the creation of comprehensive training materials and supplemental documents, included but not limited to instructor-led training courses, facilitator guides, training videos, quick reference cards, computer based trainings, job aids etc. that assures competency in the new HR processes or systems
- Quickly shift gears and accommodate changes and incorporate new information with ease.
- Participate in department initiatives around user-experience design and innovation.
- Work with HR teams to integrate change management and communications activities into their project plans
- Develop Multimedia messaging to foster understanding and collaboration around HR initiatives to support change management plans. (digital, social, print, email, etc)
- Support the redesign of the HR digital communications strategy (sharepoint intranet and social engagement) in collaboration with other HR stakeholders.
- Gather and analyze employee feedback and incorporate into plan to help drive continuous improvement of change management communications efforts.
- Analyze technology trends and identify opportunities for HR
- Define and measure success metrics and monitor the effectiveness of change communications
- Adept at creating partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives and goals
- An outstanding communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communication based on that understanding
- Willing to act and eager to pursue new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
- Flexible in your approach and demeanor to align with the shifting demands of evolving and complex circumstances
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Bachelors degree + 4-7 years of experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to quickly absorb new concepts and ideas
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Must be able to work on impromptu assignments with tight deadlines
- Must be a team player and a consistent, dependable performer with an excellent work ethic, flexible "can-do" attitude, self-starter, and a results-driven commitment to success #LI-POST
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.