LocationNew York, NY
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Patient Accounts Department is seeking a Collector to resolve insurance balance on assigned accounts including using insurance web sites, phone calls, collection letters, referral to agency andfinancial assistance program.
As a Collector you will:
- Review every account on receivable report and take appropriate action with insurance according to departmental procedures
- Review insurance payment, enter any payment-related allowances and transfers whenever there is patient responsibility
- Ensure timely billing
- Resolve outstanding insurance balances by using various collection techniques to follow up with third party carriers
- Knowledgeable of third party billing and follow-up procedures
- Possess excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
- Have the ability to organize, analyze and effectively resolve accounts within established timeframes
- Organized and manage multiple priorities
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively handle difficult interaction
- Excellent attendance and punctuality
- Flexible to work independently or in a collaborative environment
- High school diploma required
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience
- Previous collections experience a plus
- Systems Knowledge of RMS/RAM preferred
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.