Clinical Nurse - Chemotherapy Outpatient, Bergen Campus
DeptNursing - Ambulatory
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Chemotherapy RN-New MSK Facility in Bergen County!
Hours: Part Time 10 hour days flexed between 8am and 8pm, Monday through Friday. Weekend rotation and float to All MSK NJ Regional Locations, if necessary.
We Are: In June 2018, we will open a new outpatient facility in Montvale, New Jersey. Residents of Bergen County and beyond will now have easier access to the unsurpassed expertise and outstanding cancer care of Memorial Sloan Kettering, as we will provide comprehensive care through multidisciplinary care teams solely focused on cancer. Patients will benefit from access to personalized medicine, cutting-edge clinical trials, and cancer care for the whole patient, all offered under one roof. Our video library highlights the amazing work-life here at MSK. http://careers.mskcc.org/interactive-video/
- Action-oriented and eager to embrace new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that maintain high standards of nursing care within the organization.
- Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged, using both formal and informal development channels.
- Approachable and comfortable with diverse groups of people and able to make others comfortable with you.
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding.
- Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Work within a Nurse-Physician based Ambulatory Care Practice Model.
- Manage a select caseload of patients receiving chemotherapy on an outpatient basis.
- Administer chemotherapy, perform patient assessment, and provide symptom management and patient and family education.
- Act as part of a multidisciplinary team provide continuity of care throughout various stages of treatment and follow-up.
- Participate in the implementation of clinical support programs to ensure optimal care throughout the healthcare continuum.
- New Jersey State RN license and BSN
- 2 years of chemotherapy administration experience required.
- ONC and Chemotherapy provider certification strongly preferred.
- Ambulatory Infusion experience strongly preferred