Administrative Assistant, Department of Medicine
LocationNew York, NY
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Memorial Sloan Kettering’s Department of Medicine is dedicated to patient care, research, and training the next generation of medical oncologists.
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications.
- Flexible in your approach and demeanor in order to align with the shifting demands of evolving circumstances.
- Adept at creating partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives and goals.
- Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Action-oriented and eager to embrace new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Manage and maintain academic and research oriented medical practice, provide administrative support to the Service Chief, and assist the Clinical Director, management and faculty in support of the service as necessary.
- Perform various clerical duties and administrative duties, including but not limited to physician calendar management, organizing travel arrangements, fellowship program support, processing reimbursements, coordinating meetings, assisting with grant submission, meeting minutes to contribute to the smooth operations of the department.
- Prepare/produce documents including memos, correspondence, reports, presentations, and manuals as required.
- Complete required paperwork/communication tools for department.
- Answer assigned phone lines and direct calls; use correct telephone techniques and procedures when receiving and making calls.
- Assist and participate in service projects.
- Use your strong customer service and multi-tasking abilities to support a practice by providing administrative support to the clinical team.
- Cross-cover Office Coordinator lines as needed.
- Bachelors degree preferred plus one year of experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Strong prioritization, attention to detail and organizational skills. #LI-POST
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.