Administrative Assistant, Comskil Training Program
LocationNew York, NY
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Comskil is a communication skills training program and research laboratory operating out of the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences. Our mission is to improve communication with cancer patients and their caregivers, enhancing both patient-centered care and adaptation across the illness trajectory, through communication skills training and research partnerships with clinicians of all disciplines. We are seeking an administrative assistant to support the Comskil Training team by assisting with the administrative functions of the Comskil Training Program.
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding.
- Flexible in your approach and demeanor in order to align with the shifting demands of evolving circumstances.
- Adept at creating partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives and goals.
- Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Action-oriented and eager to embrace new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized in your approach to your work
- Manage and maintain the Comskil training calendar in Excel and Outlook. Communicate with presenters, facilitators, and participants regarding the training schedule and send email and outlook calendar reminders prior to the day of training with all necessary details.
- Prepare and organize required materials for Comskil training sessions, including facilitator binders, session schedules, role play scenarios for standardized patients, and sign-in sheets.
- Coordinate actors’ schedules and contact actors to book them for training days and video shoots.
- Set up reception area, lecture room, and training rooms appropriately for each training, ensuring materials are in place and escalating facilities issues appropriately; order and organize refreshments/catering
- Work with the Comskil Program Manager and Training Specialists to ensure smooth operations on training days and troubleshoot issues as they arise, including technology checks, coordination of training materials, and providing instructions to actors
- Partner with the Program Manager, Director, and faculty leaders in support of the training program as necessary
- Respond to inquiries from Program Directors, participants, actors, facilitators, and hospital administrative and support staff
- Assist in maintaining comskil training databases and spreadsheets, including entering data after each training take place and auditing for accuracy; provide database reports upon request
- Attend team meetings to discuss training session logistics; take minutes at meetings when necessary
- Perform other clerical and administrative duties such as coordinate meetings, order and maintain supplies, process check requests, and contribute to special projects
- Bachelor's degree preferred plus one year of experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Strong prioritization, attention to detail and organizational skills
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.