Administrative Assistant, Sloan Kettering Institute Director, Dr. Joan Massagué
LocationNew York, NY
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Administrative Assistant to Sloan Kettering Institute Director, Dr. Joan Massagué
In more than 100 laboratories, our scientists are conducting innovative research to advance understanding in the biological sciences and improve human health. The Sloan Kettering Institute (SKI) Staff includes 400 research fellows, and 200 graduate students (both PhDs and MD/PhDs). SKI also includes many National Academy of Sciences members and Howard Hughes Medical Institute investigators.
- Resourceful - be able to take action and pursue alternatives to develop effective solutions.
- A strong teammate - flexible in your approach and demeanor in order to align with the shifting demands of evolving circumstances.
- Persistent - providing follow-up on lab orders, lab equipment orders, office repairs, meetings, etc…
- Focused -detail oriented multi-tasker – not easily overwhelmed by changing circumstances
- An effective communicator - capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding.
- Adept at creating partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives and goals.
- Willing to take action, eager to embrace new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Provide administrative support to Dr. Massague and his team; perform various clerical and administrative duties, including but not limited to a strong focus in calendar management, prepare materials for meetings, ensure Dr. Massague is on-time for meetings, recruitment/promotions meetings, organizing, coordinating meetings, processing reimbursements, and meeting minutes.
- Anticipate Dr. Massague’s professional needs; plan ahead and be alert to last minute changes
- Use discretion when dealing with confidential matters
- Prepare/produce accurate documents including memos, correspondence, reports, presentations, and manuals as required.
- Complete required paperwork/communication tools for department.
- Answer assigned phone lines and direct calls; cross-cover other lines as assigned; understanding that you are acting as a representative of Dr. Massague
- Meet and Greet high level profile inside and outside professionals.
- Assist and participates in divisional projects.
- Interact with lab members, place scientific lab orders, follow-up on orders; liaison with Procurement/IT; equipment inventory/Maintenance/PM service; process all travel related forms, assist with on-boarding lab space preparation and assist on projects as needed.
- Bachelor's degree preferred plus one year of experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Professional, patient demeanor and good people skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
Additional information regarding Dr. Massague and the Lab: #LI-POST
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.