Equipment Assistant- Inpatient
LocationNew York, NY
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Equipment Assistant to join our team. The Equipment Assistant will maintain unit-based equipment, inspects and sustains a safe, code-compliant environment. The Equipment Assistant adds to the overall patients’ experience and allows the nurses to provide the best care. This is your opportunity find meaningful work where everyone plays an important role in improving the overall patient experience.
We want you to join the fight to conquer cancer.
- Committed to high standards of productivity
- Motivated to provide exceptional customer service
- Eager to take on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
- Adaptable in your approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations
- A good decision maker, making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals
- Procures supplies from vendors or off-site distribution center upon request.
- Delivers and stores supplies in appropriate location per department guidelines within established time frames.
- Maintains departmental logs, inventories and processes supply requisitions and credits.
- Ensures that all equipment is kept in optimal repair. Provides periodic routine inspection and tests of equipment to meet specifications.
- Responsible for submitting requisitions, facilities work requests and telephone work request
- Delivers equipment to Biomedical Engineering in need of repair, maintenance and inspection or requiring more technical experience.
- Assists staff in other departments with tasks to ensure seamless department and hospital operations
- Build and maintain relationships with vendors
- Ability to lift at least 50 or more pounds
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or High school diploma with at least 3 years of experience
- Two years of operation and repair of patient care equipment experience
- Experience in a hospital preferred due to required adherence to policies and code compliance
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Variable schedule between Monday to Friday 8:00am-4:00pm and weekends 7:00am-3:00pm.
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.