Clinical Nurse Radiation Oncology, Office Practice, Ambulatory setting, Commack,Long Island, NY
DeptNursing - Ambulatory
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
We are providers:
- Compassionate, evidence-based nursing to Oncology patients and their families living with cancer in a healing and creative environment
- Dedicated to relationship based care for patients and staff
- Involved in extensive clinical trials growing cancer treatment.
- Enrolled in ongoing educational opportunities and skill development
- Willing to take action and eager to adopt new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- A creative decision-maker, with shown success at making timely decisions that maintains standards of nursing care within the organization.
- Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged, using both formal and informal development channels.
- Approachable and skilled with providing care to diverse groups of people.
- An effective communicator, capable of resolving how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding.
- Flexible in your approach and demeanor to align with the shifting demands of evolving circumstances
- Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Function in reciprocal Nurse-Physician based Ambulatory Care Practice Model.
- Act as part of a multidisciplinary team to provide continuity of care throughout various stages of Radiation Oncology treatment and follow-up.
- Provide clinical support to patients receiving radiation therapy
- Assist with their pre and post management and care.
- Perform patient assessment and offer symptom management.
- Participate in the implementation of patient education and clinical support programs to ensure optimal care throughout the healthcare continuum
- Participate in an individualized training/orientation program geared to providing nursing care in ambulatory setting.
- New York State RN license and BSN
- 1.5 – 2 years of oncology experience required
- Radiation Oncology patient management highly preferred
- Patient education skills
Hours: 10 or 12 hour hour days flexed Monday - Friday